Robert Carey has been in private practice for more than thirty years in the Greater Hartford area. Bob's experience includes representing purchasers, sellers and lenders for both residential and commercial transactions, as well as developers and homebuilders.
Bob has also been retained to review real estate title issues for the State of Connecticut, the Town of Cromwell, Connecticut, the United States and private clients. Bob has testified in court as an expert witness in cases concerning real estate title disputes.
Bob has served as the Vice-Chairman of the Hartford County Bar Association real estate section from 1995-1999 and Chairman from 1999-2000. He has been a Director of the Connecticut Attorneys Title Insurance Company since 1987 and a member of The Board of Directors of the CATIC Foundation since 2000. Additionally, he is presently the President of the CATIC Foundation.
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development has designated Bob as a Foreclosure Commissioner for both single family and multi-family properties. Additionally, he has been appointed by the Hartford County Superior Court as a Committee for Foreclosure sales since 1980.
Bob currently resides in Simsbury, Connecticut. He is a Justice of the Peace for the Town of Simsbury, a member of the Simsbury Land Trust, a member of the Appalachian Mountain Club and a member of the Wadsworth Atheneum.
Areas of Practice
- Residential Real Estate Transactions
- Commercial Real Estate Transactions
- Real Estate Title Matters
- Estate Planning
- Connecticut, 1976
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1978
- University of Connecticut School of Law, Hartford, Connecticut
- J.D. - 1976
- University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut
- B.A. - 1971
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: History
- Simsbury Bank and Trust
- Liberty Bank
- Mark E. Sperandio Builder
- William H. Wilson Company
- Lecturer, New Attorneys Real Estate Transactions, Hartford County Bar Association, 1978 to 1987
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Connecticut Bar Association, 1977 to 2008
Past Employment Positions
- Gilman & Marks, Intern, Associate & Partner, 1973 to 2002
- Kantor, Mickelson & Meyers, Of Counsel, 2002 to 2004