- Of Counsel
Mark Steier was admitted to the Connecticut Bar on April 17, 1973 and to the United States District Court for the District of Connecticut on May 14, 1973, and for the United States Court of Appeals Second Circuit on December 13, 1974. He is a licensed attorney in good standing.
Mark received his undergraduate degree from New York University's Washington Square College of Arts and Sciences in 1969 and received his J.D. (Law) Degree with honors from the University of Connecticut School of Law in 1973. At the School of Law, he graduated second in his class, and received The American Juris Prudence Award in legal research and writing, criminal law and local government, and the Dennis and Company Book Award for criminal law.
During the course of his legal career, Mark has taught as an adjunct professor at the law school now known as Quinnipiac University School of Law. Mark has also spoken extensively and conducted seminars on a variety of real estate and estate planning topics. He previously served as Vice President, Secretary, and General Counsel to the Woodridge Lake Property Owners' Property Association, Inc., a 700 + lot subdivision with a 385 acre lake.
Service to the community has been an important part of Mark's life. Mark is presently serving as a member of the Board of Trustees of Congregation Beth Israel of West Hartford, Ct. He has served as Chairman of the Town of Canton Charter Commission, Chairman of the Town of Canton Board of Tax Review, and as a member of its Zoning Commission. Mark has also served as member of the Board of Directors of Bethel Synagogue in Torrington, CT, and as a Director of the United Jewish Appeal for Northwest, CT. He is also a member of the Rotary Club of Avon-Canton and serves as a member of the Community Service Committee. The Club elected Mark as President for the 2012/2013 fiscal year.
Mark's professional associations have included membership on the Connecticut Bar Association (real property and family law sections), Hartford County Bar Association, Connecticut Mortgage Bankers Association and Community Associates Institute.
Steier & McCormick, LLC is approved to close real estate transactions for almost all lenders. Representative clients include Bank of America, JPMorgan Chase Home Lending, Mortgage Master, Wells Fargo, Webster Bank, Farmington Savings Bank, Liberty Bank, Sovereign Bank, Sanborn Mortgage Corporation, Freedom Choice Mortgage Corporation, People's United Bank, First Connecticut Mortgage Corp., and William Raveis Mortgage Corporation. Mark is one of several network approved closing attorneys for William Raveis Real Estate.
Recreational activities include tennis, bike-riding, travel, theater, opera, reading, and an addiction to New York Times crossword puzzles.
- Connecticut, 1973
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1973
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 1974
- University of Connecticut School of Law, Hartford, Connecticut
- J.D. - 1973
- Honors: With Honors
- New York University's Washington Square College of Arts and Sciences
- Honors: Dean's List Student
- Honors: Member, Zeta Beta Tau
- Bank of America
- JPMorgan Chase Home Lending
- Wells Fargo
- Webster Bank
- Farmington Savings Bank
- Liberty Bank
- Sovereign Bank
- Sanborn Mortgage Corporation
- Freedom Choice Mortgage Corporation
- People's United Bank
- First Connecticut Mortgage Corp.
- William Raveis Mortgage Corporation
- Pearce Relocation
- Adjunct Professor, Real Estate and Estate Planning Topics, Quinnipiac University School of Law
Honors and Awards
- The American Juris-Prudence Award in Legal Research and Writing, Criminal Law and Local Government
- Dennis and Company Book Award for Criminal Law
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Connecticut Bar Association, Real Property and Family Law Sections, Member
- Hartford County Bar Association, Member
- Connecticut Mortgage Bankers Association, Member
- Community Associates Institute
- Town of Canton Charter Commission, Chairman
- Town of Canton Board of Tax Review, Chairman
- Zoning Commission, Member
- Bethel Synagogue in Torrington, CT, Member, Board of Directors
- United Jewish Appeal for Northwest, CT, Director
- Rotary Club of Avon-Canton, President, 2012-2013; Member, Board of Directors
- Community Service Committee, Member
- Woodridge Lake Property Owners' Property Association, Inc., Vice President
- Woodridge Lake Property Owners' Property Association, Inc., Secretary
- Woodridge Lake Property Owners' Property Association, Inc., General Counsel
Pro Bono Activities
- Corporate Counsel and Ex officio Board of Directors Member of West Hartford Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the Board of Trustees of Congregation Beth Israel, West Hartford, CT