West Hartford Probate and Estate Administration Lawyers
The probate process can be very confusing and drawn out. We can help you throughout this entire complicated process. From our offices in Avon and West Hartford, Connecticut, our lawyers have extensive experience assisting family members in the orderly settlement of decedents’ estates. We can assist you in handling the following matters that must be resolved when dealing with decedents’ estates:
- Collecting and valuing assets;
- Determining and paying debts and expenses;
- Paying taxes after death;
- Preparing and filing probate inventories and accounts;
- Complying with federal and state reporting requirements for estate and income taxes;
- Filing necessary federal and state tax returns; and
- Distributing assets to the beneficiaries.
Our attorneys provide comprehensive services including assisting executors and trustees with estate administration and guiding them through the probate court system, as well as appearing in probate court on behalf of estates and heirs or beneficiaries. During this often difficult time for families, we manage the settlement of estates for our clients with efficient, sensitive, responsive, and result-oriented representation.