Avoid Foreclosure Through Short Sale
Is your property worth less than your mortgage? Are foreclosure proceedings pending against you? Are you unable to make your mortgage payments? If so, a short sale may be an option to keep your property out of foreclosure while preserving your credit rating. The attorneys at Steier & McCormick, LLC, provide legal representation to individuals looking to short sale their property.
Years Of Practice In All Areas Of The Law
Every state has strict laws put in place that must be enforced. Connecticut is no different. With over 80 years of combined experience, our firm knows how to handle the most complex cases. Our attorneys can help you understand your options so that you can make informed decisions about your future. We can, among other things:
- Negotiate with the lender for your short sale approval
- Assist you with gathering the necessary financial documentation
- Review your “hardship” letter
- Analyze your purchase and sales contract and suggest any necessary provisions
- Monitor the appraisal process
- Analyze and explain your lender’s short sale approval letter
- Prepare closing documents
- Provide you guidance throughout the short sale process
Our attorneys also represent individuals seeking to purchase a short sale property. No matter what side you are on, proper guidance is crucial. Legal documents can be quite confusing. Without someone who knows the language, you may be forced to deal with problems later on down the road. Make sure you know what you are getting into by having the right lawyer by your side.
Interested In Learning More? Call Today.
With these cases, time is of the essence. The bank will move quickly and it is important that you do the same. To find out whether a short sale might be right for you, contact our skilled West Hartford attorneys today for a free initial consultation by calling 860-677-6277. Click here for more information on short sales.